Environmental Education for Washington Midddle School
- Allegany County Public Schools and the EHC Foundation celebrate a second successful year of collaboration on a multi-year program for environmental literacy (click here)
- The EHC Foundation and its partners build the new Heritage Wood Shop, a 1300 square foot shop that includes a portable sawmill. For a handout on the project, click here. For YouTube videos of building the Wood Shop and milling a log, click here
- The EHC Foundation and its partners complete the new Heritage Hoop House, a 2100 square foot solar-powered “high tunnel greenhouse" (click here)
- The EHC Foundation and its partners complete 12 outdoor learning stations focusing on soil and water conservation, forest ecology, climate change, and alternative energy (click here)
- Evergreen Heritage Center featured in April/May 2013 issue of Allegany Magazine (click here)
To access the latest edition of our newsletter, Notes from Evergreen, click here.
Accessibility: The Evergreen Heritage Center (EHC) Foundation strives to ensure that the EHC is accessible to the extent possible for historic sites and that its newly built facilities, including its Learning Center and Green Restroom Facility, meet with the accessibility requirements defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
From I-68 heading west
Take Exit 39 (US 40-West) and turn left onto US-40W, then right onto MD-638, right onto MD-36 (Mt. Savage Rd.), right onto Slabtown Rd., and then right onto Trimble Road.
From I-68 heading east
Take Exit 34 (MD-36) and turn left onto MD-36N, right onto US-40 E, left onto MD-638, right onto MD-36 (Mt. Savage Rd.), right onto Slabtown Road, and then right onto Trimble Road.
For specific directions from your address, visit MapQuest or use the following address to find directions.
Evergreen Heritage Center
15603 Trimble Road NW
Mount Savage, MD 21545